Here is a list of what I want to change/include for XSane.
If you have any suggestions that are not listed here please
- planned to do this soon/higher priority
- comes later/lower priority
- list of last used filenames
- enable filters in save mode?
- add new image types to fax fileformat: tiff?, g3?
- zoom ?
- add coverpage with simple textfield or call editor
- add send delayed option
- add options for sender/receiver Name
correct gtk custom gamma functions and include it
add target gamma (e.g. for web publishing)
- medium definition in dependance of the scanner (?),
(I am not sure if this makes sense with color managemant)
- ??? force size of scanarea in pixels (calculate resolution) ???
- viewer function:
- reduce 16 bit/sample image to 8 bit/sample
- crop to new viewer
- fill rectangular area (e.g. for masking unwanted parts of a scanned fax page)
- add more filters, suggestions?
(only really important filters, for image manipulation there is the Gimp)
allow additional image data after each row (is sane standard conform)
in preview routine and final scan routine
improve color management
rewrite of the configuration file base routines
add range check / valid value when reading xsane.rc and *.drc files
add several defaults (fax=> mode=gray,...)
- average of a multiple scan of the same image
- include much more parameters when saving images
- test memory after each call of malloc - partly done
- include special functions for GNOME/KDE, e.g. drag+drop
- add a TWAIN-WIN32 interface (for xsane-win32)
define a TWAIN-UNIX interface in cooperation with TWAIN-group:
in summer 1999 TWAIN asked SANE to start a cooperation to
create a TWAIN-unix interface that uses sane as scanner driver API.
- add a TWAIN-UNIX interface to xsane
- free installation path
- autodetect language
- may be xsane-win32 without cygwin.dll on native win32 mode
- may be later we make a sane-WIN32 version so that the backends do work too
This page has been changed on 25.th january 2007